Eco-auberge Le Festival, Todra Gorge, Morocco
If you are a traveller with a yearning for adventure, a sense of fun,a heart for an eco-treat and a wish to escape the humdrum of mainstream tourism, then come and explore eco-auberge Le Festival.
Eco-auberge Le Festival is located in the heart of the Todra Gorge, in an exceptional ‘middle-of-nowhere-spot’ in the South of Morocco. It is in an area where Nomads reside. The High Atlas mountains surrounding it provide an ever-changing beautiful landscape attracting hikers and mountain climbers. The standard of accommodation offered is very unique with 5 comfortable ´cave´ rooms set into the hillside. Staying here takes you into a world of peace and tranquility. Auberge Le Festival eco-lodge is built with materials found in the area, allowing it to blend into the surrounding mountains.
The site has been developed to include:
– a variety of herbs and vegetables from its organic garden
– water from its own recently drilled wells (80 and 75 meters deep)
- water is pumped using 100% solar energy .
- gardens and trees are watered via the dripping system
– electricity from solar panels with back-up generator
– hot water from solar panels and wood-fired stoves
– a unique compost system
Eco- auberge Le Festival consists of:
– The main building with reception, restaurant and six rooms of which three are en-suite.
– A castle-like building with tower-rooms overlooking the gorge and cave rooms. These cave
rooms are naturally air-conditioned. Sleeping in one of these takes you back in time to our
ancestors first homes but with the advantages of modern facilities.
– An outdoor heart-shaped-bio-pool , offering panoramic views over the Todra Gorge.